Get £2,000 Towards A New Car
The Government has announced a new scheme to encourage motorists to purchase a brand new car by offering a £2000 cash incentive to scrap the purchaser’s existing vehicle. The scheme which will run from mid May 2009 to March 2010 ( Or sooner depending on whether the fixed allocated budget runs out ) has a number of conditions.
The cash award will come in two ways half direct from the Government and half via the car manufacturer supplying the new car,( providing that particular manufacturer is taking part in the scheme. Motorists should check via their local dealer but most suppliers have agreed to participate.)
The vehicle which is being traded in and which will be scrapped must:
- Be a car or small van weighing up to 3,500 kilograms
- Be first registered in the uk on or before 31st July 1999
- Must be registered or have a SORN with DVLA in the name of the person purchasing the new car.
- Must have been registered to the purchaser at least 12 months before the date of the order of the new car.
- Have a UK address on the V5C registration document ( Logbook)
- Have a current MOT test certificate before the date of the order of the new car
The new car being ordered must:
- Be a car or small van weighing up to 3,500 Kg
- Be registered in the UK on or after mid May 2009
- Be declared new at first registration in the uk with no former keepers.
It is worth remembering that most manufacturers are offering other large discounts for purchasers of new vehicles and even if the criteria for the ‘ Scrappage ‘ scheme cannot be met special deals are widely available.