New Gear Resolutions by GEM
Forget the fads and ditch the diets, make sure your car is a priority for the New Year, says GEM Motoring Assist.
Road safety organisation and breakdown cover company, GEM, is today encouraging motorists across the UK to get into gear and make sure their car is fully ready and road-worthy for 2013. To help drivers start as they mean to go on, GEM has created a list of resolutions to apply to their cars as the New Year gets underway.
David Williams MBE, CEO of GEM Motoring Assist, comments: “With the New Year comes lots of personal resolutions and promises, which unfortunately often don’t last the month. However, when it comes to your vehicle, if you look after it from the very beginning, it will serve you well throughout the entire year.
“We want motorists to start the New Year afresh by taking good care of their car and getting it in order now, to help make 2013 a much easier ride.”
GEM’s new gear resolutions:
- Best breakdown cover – get the right policy to suit your needs. Even if you drive a car and a motorbike, or if you tow a caravan, GEM covers the driver, not the vehicle, so you only need to take out one policy
- Book an MOT– make sure your next MOT is scheduled but get any vehicle problems checked as soon as they arise, don’t wait until the next test, as they could get worse
- Do It Yourself – checking your car yourself is an easy way of maintaining it regularly: keep an eye on fluid levels, tyre pressure, head lamps and rear lights
- Be prepared – being equipped for breakdown and emergency situations will make them much easier to deal with: keep a high-vis jacket, warning triangle and torch in your car at all times, in case of such events
- Courtesy costs nothing – a wave of thanks to another road user, giving way, and being patient, all make driving much more pleasant. See GEM’s ‘Courtesy on the Road’ leaflet for more information
Download GEM’s ‘Courtesy on the Road’ leaflet or call 01342 825676 to order a hard copy.