Spare A Little Love For Your Car This Valentine’s Day
While you’re busy planning romantic dinners, ordering roses, and generally pampering your loved one this Valentine’s Day, why not spare a thought and a few moments for another important part of your life that would be devastated in the event of a breakup – or rather breakdown – your car.
Breakdown and Road Safety organisation, GEM Motoring Assist, is launching a new initiative this Valentine’s Day calling for all car owners to ‘treat’ their car and keep things running smoothly with a special “Vehicle Valentine”.
Speaking about the campaign GEM CEO, David Williams MBE, said: “Facing facts, as with your better half, you’d be devastated if your trusted vehicle let you down, so why not use Valentine’s Day to show your car a little love too?”
To help inspire car owners everywhere, GEM has come up with a list of all the usual Valentine’s Day treats which, given a little creativity, can be applied to your four wheels.
• A spa treatment – give your vehicle a jolly good wash
• Champagne cocktails – well at least fill the washer bottle with some extra screen wash
• A gourmet meal – top up your engine with some ‘posh engine oil’
• Balloons – check you’ve got the right amount of air in your tyres
• A big hug – Keep all your family ‘safe and snug’ by checking your seatbelts are worn on every journey
• Red rose / perfume – place a lovely air freshener in your car to make it a more inviting space to spend time!
Just like your human relationships, keeping your car sweet is the perfect way to minimise things going wrong between you. So, whether you have an old car that’s been your trusty run around for years or a shiny new model you’re proud to show off, make sure you treat it with the love and care it deserves to have the best chance of a long and happy life together.
GEM VALENTINE OFFER
And as a special Valentines’ treat, anyone who takes out a GEM membership during Valentines’ Week (Friday 10th February – Monday 20th February) will receive a £5 M&S voucher to buy their loved one flowers, chocolates or other token of their affection! For further details visit www.motoringassist.com.